Our Mission, Values, & Statement of Faith
At Columbia County Christian School, we focus on teaching the whole child to impact the whole world, while assisting parents in training their children in the way of the Lord.
- We affirm Christ-likeness, as revealed in the Bible, to be the hallmark of all Christians. Therefore, we are committed to teaching our students how to be like Christ and expect all connected with CCCS to strive to live and grow in Christ-likeness.
- We affirm that God's Word is our authority in all matters of faith, values and practice. Therefore, we will submit to its direction in all aspects of life at CCCS.
- We affirm the local church's role in determining matters of faith in an individual's life. Therefore, we will seek to build loving relationships with local churches and partner with them to bring our children up in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, allowing for differences in theological non-essentials but unity in the essentials as outlined in our Statement of Faith.
- We affirm that God holds parents responsible for their child's upbringing. Therefore, we purpose to support and assist the parents in their child's upbringing by providing quality Christian education and discipline.
- We affirm that Christians are to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. Therefore, we purpose to foster in our students this passion for God and service to Him.
- We affirm that the Bible is the revelation of truth and an accurate, undistorted worldview. Therefore, students will be taught to process information and think critically in the context of a biblical Christian worldview.
- We affirm God's desire for each person to achieve his or her fullest potential in Him. Therefore, we will maintain academic excellence to maximize each student's potential.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in one Triune God, eternally existent in three co-equal persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth and in His sinless life, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and physical return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift of God's grace apart from works, based solely upon Christ's vicarious and atoning death, received through faith.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Theological Differences: The founding of this school is based on the premise that a Christian education can be provided that crosses denominational lines without compromising the Word of God. CCCS will seek leaders who can affirm our Statement of Faith and who will not promote theological positions which may tend to be exclusive or divisive.